As my small and most humble contribution to reducing information overload and clutter floating around the world and making it suffocate I've turned off, install redirects, or simply killed sites that haven't brought me or anyone else any pleasure or business.
- kANDALAKSHA & THE kOLA pENINSULA This is were I presently put 2/3 of my effort. The point is to open Kandalaksha and the area (all and especially the South edge of the Kola Peninsula, northern Karelia, a bit of Finland and perhaps Norway, and the route from Moscow to here) to the independent and adventurous English-speaking traveller, and of course to make a few kopecks by offering my support and assistance as trip organizer, fixer or whatever. That's why below I'm inserting a banner although myself I'm not exactly a fan of this style of advertising.
- English TUTORING Once in a while I do a few intensive English lessons. Whatever on the subject of teaching English to my compatriots comes to my attention gets dumped in www.unclepasha.net
- WWW.UNCLEPASHA.COM I'll keep this site, started in 1996-1997, because it is size and age and ranking although to some it may appear as a mess suggesting there is more disorder between my ears than there really is.
If you are not seeing what you came here for, by all means write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com. Chances are good I'll be able to give a meaningful answer to any question related to travelling to, living, working, or doing business in Russia, or recommend someone who will.
Other projects for which I provide support, mostly technical
- St. Nina Church in Kandalaksha. Russian with an English summary. Updated daily because that's my job. This is no joke, I'm an administrator of a church site. Eastern Orthodox, Moscow Patriarchate. Yes, the one with "controversial" reputation. The project in intended mostly for the Kandalaksha people but may be of interest to travellers who want to learn about Eastern Orthodoxy. I personally will push for the development of the English part of it, and the bosses seem to be all in favour. Again, this is for real.
- WWW.DVORNI.COM An condominium community site.
- WWW.RUSSIANGIRLFRIDAY.COM Errands, support services to travellers, even "Russian bride" searches and advice.
- WWW.UNCLEPASHA.COM/HORSES_BLOG/ Horseback rides and trips in the Tver region. My former project, now under a totally different management except for occasional help with the site.
- WWW.ALEXANDRA-GORYASHKO.NET History, particularly of the northern research stations. Extensive, detailed and perceptive travel notes (but most of them are in Russian). Alexandra will welcome enquiries from those with a serious interest in history or nature. I confess that when I get requests for information searches I often pass them on to Alexandra.
- WWW.KANDALAKSHA-RESERVE.ORG Kandalaksha nature reserve. Used to be the reserve's official site. Now the project is nearly-frozen but keeping it intact is my responsibility.
Background for this page
has been kindly provided
by a dead jellyfish
washed ashore sometime in August 2012
in the vicinity of Kuzomen,
South edge of the Kola peninsula.